Uber is reducing the number of its rules in its two-year-old Uber Rewards Program to form it easier for purchasers to access perks like discounted rides and food delivery, the corporate announced. Under the new rules, customers can redeem rewards for fewer points and can have longer to use their points than under the previous rules.
The move comes because the ride-hail giant continues to struggle to woo customers back to its ride-hail business after a steep dropoff as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Gross bookings in its ride-hailing division, or the quantity of cash it takes in before paying drivers, is down 50 percent year over year, consistent with Uber’s third-quarter financial statement. And while its Uber Eats delivery business continues to soar, the corporate as a full still lost over $1 billion over the last three months.
Uber Driver App
Uber Rewards lets ride-hail customers earn perks like cheaper fares, better customer support, and priority pickups at airports. Opting in is free, and riders earn points for each dollar spent on Uber’s various products: one point for Uber Pool and Uber Eats orders; two points for UberX, UberXL, Select, and wheelchair-accessible vehicles; and three points for Uber Black and Black SUV.
Uber Rewards Level
Previously, customers were required to accumulate 500 points to “unlock” certain rewards. Now, they’re going to only need 250 points to access those perks. the corporate is additionally extending the redemption period from 28 days to 6 months, giving customers longer to use their points before they expire. Leftover points may be rolled over to new rewards, and there’ll now be no limit to what percentage rewards is redeemed over a six-month period.
Uber Rewards Program
These Uber Rewards include:
- 10 percent off your next trip; 250 points.
- 20 percent off Uber Comfort, 750 points.
- Free (up to $30) Uber X trip; 2,000 points.
- Four free trips (up to $30 off each); 8,000 points.
Uber Eats rewards include:
- Free coffee from Starbucks ($3 value); 250 points.
- 40 percent off a pickup order; 500 points.
- 10 percent off all Uber Eats orders within a week; 700 points.
- Free $25 Uber Eats order; 2,500 points.
- 50 percent off all Uber Eats orders within a month; 8000 points.
Uber is additionally offering rewards affiliated with third-party corporate partners:
- Up to four free months of Apple Music; 500 points.
- 30-day free trial of HBO MAX for brand new subscribers; 1,000 points.
- Free month of lettering for one language; 1,250 points.
Always remember to achieve points and redeem them for Uber Greenlight rewards. This is the quickest way of receiving rewards from Uber.