The Xfinity app gives you the ability to turn any Apple or Android mobile device into a personal TV screen on their Xfinity Stream app, which is available to all Xfinity TV customers, including those who have Xfinity Instant TV. It should be noted that some features vary depending on your location and level of service. Mobile data usage rates will apply when connected to any 3G/4G/LTE network.
Requirements to Stream on the Xfinity App
To stream on the Xfinity App, there are certain requirements. These requirements are as follows:
- Be an Xfinity customer
- Your device must have an active Internet connection via Wi-Fi or a 3G/4G cellular network )
- A mobile device that meets the Xfinity Stream app System Requirements
- Your Xfinity ID and password.
Note that the channels or programs you want to watch must be included in your subscription package. For example, your subscription must include HBO for you to view or download HBO programs. As such some Xfinity Stream portal features may vary by the type of subscription.
How to Use the Xfinity App
If you are using the Xfinity Stream App for the first time, the steps below can come in very handy:
- Download the Xfinity Stream app from the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, or the Amazon App Store
- Open the Xfinity Stream app on your mobile device and tap “Get Started.” The “Get Started” button is at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your Xfinity ID and password in the necessary fields, and then tap “Continue.”
The first time you open the mobile app on a specific device, you’ll need to register the device on your account. You only need to register this device once. On future visits, the mobile app will recognize this device and you won’t need to sign in again.
Navigating the Xfinity App
When you open the Xfinity Stream app, the “For You” screen will appear. Swipe right to reach the main menu. The main menu navigation bar is on the left-hand side of the page.
- Saved: View the For You screen, Completed Recordings, Scheduled Recordings, Favorites, Purchases, or Downloads.
- Live TV: Tap “All Channels” to see all of your channels with TV listings. OR, use the other menus to see only your Favorite Channels or the TV Go Channels
- Browse: Browse On Demand and Live programs by genre, including TV, Movies, Sports, Networks, Kids, and News.
- Settings: It is the icon at the bottom right which gives you access to the mobile app settings such as accessibility options and Parental Controls
Using the TV Listings
When you’re connected to your in-home Xfinity Internet network, you can stream all the channels in your subscription from your mobile device. Also, if you are not connected to your in-home Wi-Fi network, you can still do the following:
- Browse TV Listings
- Watch TV Go content (Live TV and On-Demand)
- Watch Xfinity on Demand purchases.
- Record and watch completed DVR recordings (Cloud DVR service required)
- Download DVR recordings (Cloud DVR service required) as well as select On Demand content and purchases.