The International Excellence Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand has been offered by the University of Waikato, inviting students who are enrolling for their first time into any undergraduate or postgraduate programs at the University of Waikato. It is an awarded scholarship with a grant of about NZD$10,000 to the successful applicants of any country who demonstrate excellent academic achievements and the ability to become a global ambassador for the university.
International Excellence Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand. It has its satellite campus located in Tauranga. The university is a consistent climber in the most prestigious international rankings. It is committed to providing world-class education and research portfolio, providing a competitive and dynamic university experience specialized in character and string international links for advanced knowledge of its candidates.
Before you go into the full body of the International Excellence Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand, here is a brief introduction to what the scholarship is all about:
- Country: New Zealand.
- University or Organization: The University of Waikato.
- Course Level: The scholarship is pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.
- Award: Scholars will receive an amount of about NZD$10,000.
- Access mode: Online application.
- Number of Awards: Unspecified.
- Language: English Language.
- Deadline: Applications for 2020 can be submitted at any time.
To be eligible for the International Excellence Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand, applicants are to have met the application requirements. They include:
- Eligible Course or Subject: Sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligible Countries: Here are the eligible countries to which applicants can apply from. They include:
- North America: USA, and Canada.
- Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Chile.
- Europe: Germany, UK, France, and Norway.
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan-South.
- Asia: India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, and Pakistan.
- Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Middle East: Jordan, and Iran.
- Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Mauritius.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be seen eligible, applying candidates must meet the below-listed criteria:
- Applicants are not to be a domestic student.
- Must not have paid fees at the time of application.
- He/she must be a citizen of, or currently studying in, one of the countries listed above.
- Must have a minimum GPA equivalency of B+.
- Applicants must not be admitted into the University of Waikato on a guaranteed credit arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
- Also, applicants must not be entering the university via a sponsoring body.
- Applicants must be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the program and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if optional).
- Must be applying to enroll for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Waikato.
- Candidates must have received a conditional or an unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato.
- In the same year of study, be commencing a full-time programme(s) of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University.
- Must not be currently enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International of Diploma of Business or Science, or any other pre-degree courses program).
- Applicants must have met the University of Waikato’s English Language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the university prior to beginning study through UOW.
Since you ought to apply for the university in order to get access to its scholarship programme, then follow the steps below to apply for the admission in no less than two minutes. International applicants are accepted:
- Go to the university URL https://wwwwaikato.ac.nz.
- Click on the menu icon at the top right section of the screen.
- Scroll and click on International, then from the bottom click on “Apply now”.
- You will receive directions from an authorized agent.
- Select your country to provide you the agent location and information.
- You will get agents in your country who will guide you through the next steps on admission.
After your successful admission, you will be given an ID number that you will provide for the scholarship programme.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship programme, applicants must be applying for their first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Waikato.
Now here is how you can apply for the scholarship programme:
- Enter the URL https://www.waikato.ac.nz/scholarships/application-forms/university-of-waikato-international-excellence-scholarship.
- Fill in your personal details which include information like your first name, last name, email, mobile phone, University of Waikato ID number, international student confirmation, and citizenship.
- Then click “Next”.
Provide other required information and documents for the scholarship application. Now you will have to wait to see your application status. Then the next guideline to accepting the approval.
You should get the supporting documents prepared for the International Excellence Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand.
- Applicants offer of place from the University of Waikato.
- Personal Statement of the required template.
Language Requirements: English.
Deadline of Application
The deadline for the International Excellence Scholarship at University of Waikato in New Zealand is on the 25th of November.
Official Website: Please visit the URL https://www.waikato.ac.nz/scholarships/s/university-of-waikato-international-excellence-scholarship to the official site of the University of Waikato scholarship programme.