Import PST File In Outlook 2010, 2007,2003, and 2010? You will get the full details in this article on how you can locate your personal storage files and also import them.
Before you import your PST files you need to learn how to locate the files, and then back up a copy of the PST file.
How to locate A file
For Windows 10 /7, click on “type here to search” in the box. For Windows 2000 Tap on the “start” button, Locate search, and then choose “For Files or Folders”. Windows Vista, click on the “start” tab, then Pres on the “computer” widget, and finally Navigate upward to find the search box. Type in “PST ” and click on the “Enter” Key, then find the file you want to add to Outlook. Close the search page and then start “Outlook”
For Outlook 2010 Click on the “file” button, choose “Account Settings” then tap again on “account settings” and select the “data files” widget. For Outlook 2007 or earlier, click on the “file” button, then choose the “data file management” tab
Tap on the “Add” button and choose the type of PST file you want to add. Then click on the “Ok” button
Enter a name for the file and then select the “Ok” tab
How To Make backup Copy of PST File
- Close all programs running
- Tap on the “start” button
- Click on the “Run” widget, then in the search box enter “control panel”, then tap the enter” Key
- If a page appears saying “pick a category” Select “user account” widget
- Double click the “mail” icon
- Select “show profiles” widget
- Choose profile and then tap on the “properties” tab
- Click on the “Data files” widget
- Select the personal folder service you want to backup
- Tap on the “settings” button and note the path and file name displayed
- After that, you can now close the “properties” window
Then copy the file you noted above with “My Computer or Windows Explorer” you can also copy it to an external drive.
Import PST File Data into Outlook
With Your PST File backup copy, you can recover the Outlook data when the original file is nowhere to be found
For Outlook 2010
- Click on the “file” widget
- Choose “Import” from the category.
- Tap on the “Import from another program or file” tab, then Pres on the “next button
- Navigate and choose the “Outlook data file” widget and select the “Next” tab.
- Enter the pst file path and its name. Alternatively, click on “Browse” and select your desired file
- Select the “Next” option
- Scroll and select the folder, and if you want to import everything in pst file, go to the top of the hierarchy and select it
- Click on the “finish” button
For Earlier Versions
If you have the PST file stored in an external drive, connect and copy it to your computer HD
- Open Outlook
- Select the “Import and export” tab
- Click on “Import from another program or file” and click on “next”
- Tap the “personal folder file’ button
- Press “next” widget
- Key in the pst files path and name then choose the “Next” tab
- Then select the folder you want to import and tap “next”.
- Click on the “finish” tab.