“How to Delete Shared Photos on Facebook Messenger” Facebook is no doubt the biggest social platform for sharing files with friends which includes photos, videos, and others. Now, the Messenger app is not left behind. There are times you send out things you’d wish you never sent which could include photos.
Once that is done, the only thing you can do is to delete the shared photos on Facebook Messenger. Deleting shared photos is very easy and fast to do. It can be done using the Facebook Messenger mobile application or the website using your computer or desktop.
How to Delete Shared Photos on Facebook Messenger
Deleting photos that you have sent to someone by mistake is very easy to od. All you need to do is to notice the error on time and follow the steps that I will be giving you below. Facebook Messenger is a great way of communicating and also sharing with those we have a connection with. Deleting an already sent or shared photo is easy to do. Now, before you can do that, you need to be signed in to your account with the app or web.
One great fact about Facebook is that you can access it using either the app or website. Both interfaces are cool and almost similar. But the mobile app offers better and fast navigations for all. Now with that said, let’s get you signed in.
Facebook Messenger Sign In
To sign in, follow be steps below;
- Open Messenger app on your smartphone or use your computer and go to https://www.messenger.com/
- Then type in your email address or phone number and password. Or if your Facebook account is logged in, Messenger will ask you to continue, for instance, “Continue as Jane Doe”.
- Hit on Continue to Jane Doe or fill in the details and Sign In.
The Messenger account will be signed in immediately if the details provided are right.
Delete Shared Photos in Messenger
Deleting Photos in Messenger is easy and honestly, it doesn’t similar to be the one we were familiar with. Whereby you just to long-press the exact photo or content you wish to delete from your side. The other person could still see the photos you’ve shared with them and can also be viewed in the View Shared Photos section of the app.
Now to delete the photos permanently, you have to visit the Settings of your device and then go to storage. And in the Messenger photos, click on shared photos. Then you start by deleting the photos manually from the section. This will delete the photos from the platform. Now, let’s go to the major reason for this post.
How to Delete Shared Photos in Messenger
To delete your shared photos on Facebook Messenger, follow the simple steps below to do that;
- Open the Messenger app and then select the conversation you’d like to delete. If you can’t seem to find the conversation, type in the name of the person to find it easier and fast.
- Tap on the conversation or name, then scroll the chats and locate the photo you wish to delete.
- Tap and hold on the image or content from the chat.
- Tap on “Remove” from the options that will show due to your hold.
- Then tap on “Remove for Everyone” if you don’t want the other to see it or simply select “Remove” to delete for yourself only.
- Confirm the removal of your photo.
There, you have it. After the photo has been deleted, there will be a tombstone in your message thread. It states “You’ve removed a message”.
Laptop or Desktop;
- Open Messenger Web on your device.
- Select a conversation or chat that has the photo you’d like to delete.
- Search for the photo by scrolling through the chat.
- Once you have found the photo, click on the three dots button and then a menu will appear.
- From the options shown, click on “Remove” and select Remove again to commence.
Keep in mind that, you can only delete a photo shared immediately to remove for everyone.