Facebook is a social media platform that connects people all over the world. With millions of people registered to Facebook, it is the most popular social media platform that exists. Facebook has grown immensely over the past years. With the different features that come with it. Another feature that has been introduced is Facebook Pay, which provides a convenient, secure and reliable payment experience across Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
A lot of people already use payments across Facebook apps to shop, donate and send money to each other. Facebook Pay small all these transactions easier while they continue to make sure that your payment information is secure and protected.
You can do the following with Facebook Pay
- You can add your preferred payment method once then use Facebook pay where available to make payments and purchase on their apps instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time.
- You can set up Facebook pay app-by-app or choose to set up for use across apps where available that means we won’t automatically set up Facebook pay across the apps you are active on unless you choose to do so
- You can view payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
- You can get real-time customer support via live chat in the US and in more places around the world in the future.
- You can clearly understand which payment services are part of Facebook
Facebook pay setup is easy, you can start using Facebook or messenger with just a few steps which are as follows
- First, go to setting-Facebook pay on Facebook app or website
- Add payment method
- The next time you make payments use Facebook pay
Also, note that Facebook Pay is available on WhatsApp and Instagram and you will be able to set up directly within the app. Facebook pay supports most major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal. Payments are processed in partnership with companies like PayPal, Stripe, and others around the world
Protection and Security for Facebook Pay
Since 2007 Facebook has offered trusted payment experiences and has processed more than $2 billion in donations alone since the launch of the first fundraising tools in 2015.
Facebook pay continues to invest in security Facebook pay is designed to securely store and encrypt your cards and bank account numbers, perform anti-fraud monitoring on their systems to detect unauthorized activity and provide notifications for your account activity. You can also add your pin or use your device biometrics such as face id recognition or touch for an extra layer of security when sending or making a payment.
Facebook pay is moving forward to ensure that commerce is more convenient, accessible and secure for people using it and it promises to help businesses grow and empower people everywhere to buy and sell things online as the day passes. Facebook pay will continue to be developed and new features will be made available. And the available will be made more valuable.