So many people out there may have been facing issues within their Facebook account and this has resulted in the case where you have to Delete Facebook. What could these issues be? There are several different causes of insecurity, privacy, hacking, and so many other cases with accounts on this social media app. So, if you are part of those who want to find out the steps the delete your account from this social app, check out how it works.
Just as much as they hate to see you go, they have also made the process possible for you. However, so many people out there have made up their minds to Delete Facebook. So, if you are one of them, there are certain steps that you have to follow.
Before going further, you should note that there are two options for this feature. What do I mean? It is either you delete the account or deactivate it. Deactivating an account is temporal and can be retrieved while deleting an account is permanent, and in this case, the account cannot be retrieved.
Deactivate or Delete Facebook
If you are still in this article, you should get more information about how this works before going further. First, you will have to decide which of the two options through which you can get your account off this social platform.
To delete your account, here are some important tips you need to take note of;
- The process of deletion does not really occur instantly. The grace period takes about 90 days before the account goes off completely. If you log in within this period, the process will be canceled and account retrieved.
- It takes about 90 days for the data in the account to be deleted.
- Once the account is deleted, you cannot access the account.
Apart from deletion, you can also deactivate the account, which is temporal. If you want to deactivate your account, here are the things to take note of;
- Facebook helps to save your account data and information in case you get to reactivate the account.
- Other users on the platform will not be able to find your Facebook account profile or search for you.
- Some of your data may remain visible and open to other Facebook users.
That’s how it works!
How to Delete Facebook 2020
For you to delete your account, it is possible for you to do this using the app on your smartphone or the website. In this part of this article, you will get to know how you can delete your account through the web version of this social app.
- Get on your web browser to visit facebook.com.
- Log in to the Facebook account you want to delete.
- At the top of the app’s homepage, click on the triangle arrow.
- From the list of options on the drop-down menu, click on “Settings”.
- In the next section, tap on “Your Facebook Information”, which is on the left side of the page.
- Tap on “Delete your account and information”.
- Next, click on “Delete my account”
This will take you further, as you have to confirm the deletion process.
How to Delete Facebook Account on Phone
If you want to delete your account from the app installed into your smartphone, check the steps below.
- On your smartphone, open the Facebook app.
- Log into the account you want to delete.
- Click on the menu button, which are the three horizontal lines on the page.
- Amongst the options on the page, click on “Settings”.
- Scroll to the “Your Facebook Information” section to click on “Account ownership and control”.
- Tap on “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Next, select “Delete Account and Continue”.
- Enter the password of the account and Continue.
- Confirm the deletion process.
That’s how it works!