Do you wish to ‘change Facebook name’? If you do, then count yourself lucky today. In the course of this article, everything you need to successfully change your name on Facebook from any device will be shared. All you need to do to get this information you crave for, you will need to go through this article from the start to the finish. Facebook is not just known as one of the best social media platforms just for the hype’s sake. Facebook is not the first social media platform to be developed, but yet this platform has taken the whole industry by storm. This platform is more like a celebrity chef. Anything they put out in the market is a hit.
Change Facebook Name
One of the various reasons why Facebook is considered the best is the ease at which one can navigate through the platform. From the user interface to everything in between, the platform has got everything it takes to get you hooked to it. I mean Facebook wants you to spend lots and lots of time on its platform and at the same time, they don’t want you to send your time worthlessly on the platform. For this reason, they have put up together a host of features to make the platform more interesting.
You can play games, connect with friends and family, make voice and video calls, send and receive money, sell and buy and so many more. The things to do on this platform just keep going on and on. And in this article just as explained earlier, I will be directing you on how to successfully change your name on Facebook.
It just might be that you have seen some of your friends on the platform change their name on numerous occasions which got you thinking about how they did it. Well with just a few steps you too would be changing your Facebook name anytime you feel and want. But before I guide you on how to change your name on Facebook, it is important that you also know the type of names that are accepted on the platform.
What Names Are Allowed On Facebook
Facebook is a place where users go by the name they use in their everyday lives. With this, you get to know who you are communicating with. And at such, your Facebook name can’t include;
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Suggestive or offensive kind of words.
- Numbers, repeating characters, punctuations, unusual capitalization, and symbols are not allowed.
- Titles such as professional or religious titles.
- Words or phrases in the place of a name.
These are things that will not be accepted in terms of names on Facebook. The name on your Facebook profile should be the same name your friends call you in your everyday life. It can also be the name that appears on an ID or document. Nicknames can also be used. Lastly, pretending to be anything or anyone you are not is not allowed on Facebook.
How To Change Your Name On Facebook
Now that you have learned of the type of names that are allowed on Facebook, here are the steps needed to change your name on Facebook successfully.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon at the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- From the drop-down, select settings and privacy.
- Click on settings and then name.
- Enter a name in the space provided and click on review change.
- Enter your password and click save changes.
- Open the Facebook app on your device and tap the menu icon.
- Scroll down the menu page and tap the settings and privacy option.
- On the next page, tap Settings.
- Tap personal info and then tap name.
- In the space provided, enter your new name and tap review change.
- Enter your password and then tap save changes.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom right corner of the Facebook page.
- Scroll down the menu page and tap settings and privacy.
- Tap Settings on the next and tap personal information.
- Tap name. In the space provided, enter your new preferred name and tap on review change.
- Enter your password and tap save changes.
With the steps above, you will successfully change your name on Facebook. If you are still having issues changing your name on Facebook, go here and fill out the form.