What do you understand by AOL Mail For Free? As the name implies, it is an email service that allows users to create addresses for free. Wondering what it means and why you should probably try it out. Then read on, as I will be discussing the term AOL mail. So what does AOL mail means?
AOL Mail For Free – What is AOL Mail?
AOL mail is an email service that is similar to Yahoo mail. It offers users a safe and delightful email experience. The email service also offers a personalized mail experience that allows you to contact your loved ones far and near. AOL was an American web portal and online service provider. It is located in New York. The service was founded in the year 1983 by Marc Sheriff, Steve Case, Jim Kinsey, and Wiliam Von Meister.
Features of AOL Mail
The email service has some really interesting and nice features which make it a must-use for individuals. With AOL, you can enjoy the following benefits;
- Send up to 25 MB email attachment.
- The maximum mailbox is up to 1,000 new messages, 4,000 old messages and up to 4,000 sent messages per screen name.
- Both POP3, SMTP, and IMAP protocols.
- It can be inked to other email accounts from different service providers.
- Ads are displayed.
- Embedded links within are automatically disabled and only the user can activate it.
- There’s spam protection.
- It provides virus protection.
- Inbuilt spell checking.
- It supports SSL/HTTPS after logins.
There are more features to enjoy. If any account is inactive for more than 60 days, there’s a probability that it will be deactivated.
AOL Mail App
Well, now we know what AOL mail means, so let’s talk about the app. The email service has a mobile application that is compatible with any device type including iOS and Android. With the mobile app, users can have a better experience on their devices. The app is free to download from the App Store of the smartphone you’re using. The app isn’t just for email services but also can be used to stream videos, read the news, and know the weather condition.
Installing the app is free, simple, and fast. To install, follow the instructions below;
- Open the Application Store on your device and type in AOL.
- From the result, tap on the first one to load the information page.
- Once the application has been loaded, tap on “Install”.
AOL Mail App will be installed and you can start using it. Create an account if you do not have or login if any.
AOL Mail Sign Up
Signing up for an account is simple and can be done using the mobile application or web portal. To create, follow the simple procedures below;
- Open the app or your browser and enter aol.com.
- Hit on the Login or Join but on the left side.
- Simply tap on the “Create an Account Below” option.
- On the form, fill in your first name, and last name.
- Type in the desired email address you wish to use.
- Choose a password.
- Select your country and input your mobile phone number.
- Indicate your date of birth.
- Then hit on “Continue” to commence.
- Verify to being human.
Just like that, the new email address would be created and you would be requested to verify the account.
AOL Mail Login
Now if you already created or have an account, you can simply log in. To sign in, open the app or URL. Input your email address and password. Then hit on Login to load. The email inbox will be loaded on the device immediately if the details provided are right.